Accessibility focuses on ensuring that readers with various disabilities, as well as those with accessibility needs and those requiring accommodations are able to interact fully with the document.
An accessibility services provider may be able to help you reach various accessibility goals for your document and website.
Benefits of Accessible Documents and Websites
Accessible documents and websites
- adhere to principles of inclusion and equity,
- improve your audience’s user experience,
- reach many additional readers, and
- (in the case of websites) can be indexed by search engines.
I offer a variety of accessibility assistance, including
- applying plain language and plain design principles to documents,
- creating and/or editing accessible Microsoft Word documents, Adobe PDFs, Google Slides presentations, and WordPress websites (which may include focusing on hierarchy of headings, paragraph structure, hyperlinks), and
- adding AltText to all images in Microsoft Word documents, Google Slides presentations, and WordPress websites.
In addition to professional work experience in the accessibility sphere—as well as personal lived experience as a disabled person—I have an educational background and extensive professional development in accessibility.
Some of these include
- Plain Language Certificate – Simon Fraser University. Burnaby, British Columbia,
- How to Host Accessible Events Certificate – Accessibility Services Canada,
- Basics of Inclusive Design for Online Education – Coursera: University of Colorado Boulder, and
- An Introduction to Accessibility and Inclusive Design – Coursera: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Details of my full experience can be found on my about me page.
Accessibility Services Rates
The abovementioned accessibility services are available at different price points depending on requirements. These can be combined with copy editing, stylistic editing, plain language, and inclusive language services.
Please connect with me anytime to discuss your accessibility needs.
Accessibility Services Terms and Conditions
- All prices are quotes in CAD.
- Upon receipt of documents, a contract will be sent to the Client, which must be signed prior to commencing work.
- This contract will establish scope of work, expectations, and timelines.
- A 50% deposit must be sent via e-transfer or PayPal prior to the Editor commencing work.
- The remaining 50% will be due within 10 days of completed work and receipt of Editor invoice.